All right folks, Christmas is here and I have nothing to show for it. Zero. I didn't put up a tree this year, and I've bought only 3 presents so far. But I can explain!
We were supposed to do the "Holiday Hand-off" with the kids' mother last weekend, but the weather was so awful we switched it to this weekend instead. Because I thought that the kids wouldn't be here, I decided not to put up the tree this year. Also, we have a two and half month old kitten, and I didn't want him to knock it over or chew on the fiber-optic branches and fry himself. So, no tree.
Then I thought, "If the kid is going to be gone, I'll have an extra two weeks to go shopping." Makes sense in theory, right? Wrong! Since we didn't get rid of one kid, he's home [duh] and I can't go shopping at the leisurely pace I wanted. We still aren't going to do our family Christmas till after he gets home in January, so I do technically have another week and a half. Buuuut... we'll be on the road for four days, well, 8-10 hours per day for four days. I will have to work at my day job intermittently those other days. And to top it off, we're doing karaoke on New Year's Eve (my husband and I have a mobile DJ/karaoke business), which will kill about 36 hours of shopping time. So it means....everyone's getting cash for Christmas! Yay!
I will try to squeeze in Dawn Goes Nuts for the Environment sometime, but I can't say exactly when it will be. I am also currently bidding on two BSC lots on ebay, one of Portrait books, and one of Logan books with a BSC video [squee!]. My mom called me and said she didn't know what to get me. I emailed her: "Mom, here's my list of BSC books I am missing. Get thee to the thrift store." Hopefully, things finally work out.
Just in case you want to read a "new" post, here's Mallory's Christmas Wish I posted way back before I had regular readers. (And it's the only Christmas-themed book I've done so far.)
On that note, I hope you have a Merry Christmas, or happy holiday, or good whatever-you-celebrate!
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Haha your holiday sounds like mine. Sort of meh, whatev. I hope you have a merry (and non hectic) Christmas!
~* Merry Christmas! *~
Yay! I won both BSC lots! And I got two VC Andrews for Christmas from a friend of mine (both keyhole!) but I already have one, so when we get home I'll put that title on the Share List.
Post a Comment