Thursday, December 11, 2008

Twilight has taken over my week


I haven't been very motivated to blog this week. I think it's because I finally just read Twilight. It took up the last couple days, and now I want to know what happens, so it's a good thing the sequel's been out for a good two years or so.

We've been making plans for our "Holiday Hand-off" with my husband's ex-wife, and it's depressing. It entails a 500-mile drive to the halfway point between our house and hers, two nights in a motel, and actually having to interact with this woman.

On the flip side, the motel has a pool. And there's a fantastic Chinese restaurant there. And a Goodwill ten miles away. And she hates me (the feeling's mutual) so I won't really have to talk to her. Sorry, Hubby!

Getting back on task here, I've decided the next book will be a Dawn book, but I'm debating between Dawn's Wicked Stepsister and Dawn Saves the Planet. Any preferences?

6 comments:

nikki said...

I say Dawn Saves the Planet. She is truly horrible in that one, so there's lots of snarkability.

Twlight is evil...it is crack. Yet I devoured every last one of 'em. *hangs head in shame*

Good luck with the ex-wife....

Kristen said...

I agree about Twilight...great books, but soo addictive! I just hooked a good friend of mine on it, so I guess I'm like a drug dealer. LOL

Donica said...

My boss is absolutely addicted to the series. She just finished the second one, and now she's waiting for the third one to come in the mail.
Haven't read any of them and not really that motivated to... but then again I didn't think I would be as obsessed with Harry Potter.

Anonymous said...

My boss asked me about these books today as his eleven year old daughter is into them. I found them poorly written and poorly edited. I get that not everyone agrees with me, so just chalk it up to individual taste, but I find that they're worse than Sweet Valley Paranormal Trash.

Steph said...

Heidi - I emailed you about some BSC stuff. My emails tend to get marked as spam for some reason, so I thought I should let you know :) I'm a friend of Taren's and I assure you I'm not a creepy spam-inducer!

Steph

BananaBomb said...

Nikki: You're right on the money. I'd already picked Dawn Saves the Planet before I saw your comment.

I've managed to restrain myself from running screaming into a bookseller for the next Twilight book (they all have their own titles, right?). I am mildly addicted. I can't compare them to Harry Potter because I didn't read those. I'm surprised I crumbled in the first place. Now I should go see the movie, but I'll wait till it comes to my $5 movie theater. :p

Cat: I completely agree that the first book is poorly edited. As compared to SVH? Both are like crack: hiding with it in the bathroom with the door locked.

Steph: I got your email (wasn't spam!) and I already took the VCA off the Share List. I know you aren't creepy, I've checked out your blog before! :)