Currently, it's not snowing, but it dumped 6+ inches on us Thursday night, and another 3 or so last night. The wind is howling though; the windchill is -30. The snow we got on Thursday was light and fluffy, so now that the wind's picked up, all that loose snow is blowing everywhere. I guess that "Blizzard Conditions" advisory is valid.

This is my backyard facing southwest. The drift that looks like it's against the brick wall is about four feet deep. There's about a foot of snow on the ground to begin with. (Yes, that is a Pizza Hut.)
This is about ten or twelve to the right of the first picture. That pile behind the naked tree is at least twelve feet high. (It's what's been scraped off of Pizza Hut's parking lot.) My poor picnic table. I wanted to put it in the garage for the winter, but I think it's a moot point by now.
I had cleared a path out to the first tree for one of the dogs, but it's drifted over now. The pile between the trees is what got cleared off of our driveway.
I really wish I had a triple garage.

6 comments:
Whoa! I hate snow, so I'm feeling particularly bad for you right now... but you do live in walking distance of a Pizza Hut, so that's good!
Thanks for the Judy Blume offer. If you can find Just as Long as We're together, that would be fantastic. One of these days, I swear, I'm going to get my ass started on paperbackswap.com or mooch.com. I'm sure I could locate it there!
You can send your snow down here.... it didn't last long :( Houston is in need of another white christmas
Nikki, my other neighbor is a liquor store. How's that for convenience? (There's a pesky old woman in between, but she's easily overlooked!)
Donica, I will send you my snow. What's your address, expect at least 12 tons.
The wind blew so hard overnight that now there's a big bare spot in the middle of the yard, and the rest of the yard has big(ger) drifts. Maybe I'll take new pictures.
You've been nominated! http://bookitybookbooks.blogspot.com/2008/12/kreativ-blogger-award.html
I hate snow too!! I am so sick of it. We just keep getting more & more (I live in Chicago). I heard it is supposed to snow again tomorrow night. :( It's below zero, with a windchill of like -30. It has been windy here but luckily I do not have any drifts like that where I live.
Hope the weather gets better!
Wow, you have a Red Roof in your backyard! Sooooo jealous! The closest one to me is like 30 miles away. That, or getting a personal from the food court in Penn Station, which I don't recommend.
Post a Comment