This is my Baby-Sitters Club bookcase. The bottom shelf got cut out of the picture, but the books aren't BSC, and there's another picture anyway. The books stacked horizontally on top the books on the left are my doubles. The horizontal books on the right are some books that are getting traded out. I left big spaces on the shelves so there's room for the rest of the series.The steno book on the middle shelf is the one I use to take notes with while I read the lucky book up for blogging.
Third shelf is for the mysteries. See how little I have? I'm a terrible detective anyway.
The fourth shelf is for the Super Specials, other BSC-related books, Friends Forever, and the few Little Sisters I want to keep: Karen's Crazy Old Neighbor Lady, Karen's Mullet, Karen's Four-Eyes, and Karen's Broken Wrist Because She's A Dumbass.
These are the bottom two shelves. Another view of the Super Specials and stuff, and the bottom shelf is for my Christopher Pikes and other "scary" books.
This is my other YA bookcase. Sweet Valley High gets the top shelf. I accidentally cut off the top of the picture (believe it or not, this was the best one I took--I'm not much of a photographer either). There's a couple stacked on top: an SVU I couldn't force myself to read, my extra The Fowlers of Sweet Valley, and there wasn't room to fit in The Patmans of Sweet Valley or whatever it's called.The middle is Lois Duncan, Judy Blume, other Ann Martin books, the Candice F Ransom Kobie Roberts series (except Fourteen and Holding), some Caroline B Cooneys, and the Sweet Valley Twins books my dad didn't get rid of.
Third shelf is kind of a mishmash of kids' books. The blue book lying flat is my Lutheran Catechism from when I was six years old.
And the bottom shelf is overrun with R.L. Stine. My kids' old Goosebumps, and the Fear Streets that I rescued from the basement.
My classics shelf! All the books on this shelf I love for reasons all their own. Most are my "instant classics," books I think everyone should read, and some are real classics. The Lord of the Flies, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Fahrenheit 451, The Scarlett Letter, To Kill a Mockingbird, Gone With the Wind, The Outsiders, and of course, Heidi (that's the little green one next to GWTW). There's two Agatha Christies on the shelf, The Tuesday Club Murders and And Then There Were None. Those are the only two I have, and while I've never been able to finish The Tuesday Club Murders, I can read And Then There Were None over and over again. I actually got that one from some kind of book club when I was about 12, and it blew me away. I'm not a big mystery fan, but that one gets me every time. Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill doesn't really belong on that shelf, but I didn't really have anywhere else to put it, and besides, I loved it. I liked it so much, I bought a copy of it for my sister-in-law, who's a huge Stephen King fan. The last book on the shelf, The Last Innocent Hour, is incredible. It's the story of Sally, the Ambassador to Germany's daughter, who falls in love with a childhood friend. The kicker is that it's 1933, and Sally's brand-new husband is an officer in Hitler's SS unit. Every time I read this book, I get sucked in and it makes me cry, even though I know how it's going to turn out.
Ah, the Stephen King shelf! I'm a little ashamed that I don't have more of his books. My two favorites (other than the Dark Tower series) are The Shining and The Stand. About a year or so ago, a series of comics came out based on the Dark Tower books. They're on the third arc now. If you like the Dark Tower, go find these comics. NOW. They're a little darker than how I imagined things to be, but I'm not the one drawing them, so I won't complain. They are also starting a comic series based on The Stand. I got the first one about a month ago, and I am eagerly awaiting the next.The other three shelves in this bookcase are full of random chick lit, VC Andrews' Dollanganger and Casteel series, the Danielle Steels I keep getting for Christmas, and the last one has photo albums, high school yearbooks, and some odd hardcovers. My Dark Tower comics are on the bottom shelf too.
So I do read grown-up books too. It's palate-cleansing.
As for BSC, I'm going to start on Claudia, Queen of the Seventh Grade. I'm kinda jonesin' for a Mary Anne book too, so maybe she'll be up after Claud.

6 comments:
WOW!!!! What can I say, I'm totally impressed! We don't even have bookshelves at the moment because our condo spent the past eight months on the market, and you have to get rid of everything that is "too personal" for showings. Then we took it off the market after 8 months and a 15% drop in price couldn't get it sold! Stupid market!
Still, my parents sold all of our (me and my three sister's) BSC books and YA books at a yard sale when they moved from a house to a condo. So basically, what I'm saying is:
JEALOUS!!!!
Awesome! I really need to get another bookcase so I can organize all my books! Yours look so nice all organized like that.
I wish I had kept all my old books. I think my parents asked me in junior high if I wanted them & I said no (it was junior high--I was too cool for that stuff! haha) so they got rid of everything.
I love seeing other people's bookshelves! It must be the bookworm in me. ;)
Aaah, seeing all those pretty pastel colours brings back such memories!!!
I'm so jealous of how neat your BSC books are. The spines on like half of mine are messed up because my mom's cat felt the need to use them as a scratching post about ten years ago. I had no idea you read VC Andrews -sweet!
I'm so glad I'm not the only non-teenager who has a bookcase devoted just to BSC books! I have a bookcase of grown-up books in my bedroom, two bookcases of assorted YA lit in the guest bedroom, and a smaller bookcase in the guest room of nothing but BSC volumes. My family rolls their eyes when they come to visit.
Post a Comment