I'm getting excited to go book-trolling. I haven't been to my favorite Goodwills "in the city" for a while, and I've been thinking about making a trip. (I've been emailing back and forth with Taren from The Chick Manifesto, and she found a book I've been looking for, and hopefully, I can find the one she's looking for. Now I just have to get hunting. Talk about incentive!)
Since I will be taking my list of BSCs to buy, I can be on the lookout for anything anyone else is looking for but can't find. So, if you are interested, please email me with "Book-Trolling" or something like that in the subject and tell me what you're looking for.
Sadly, I don't have unlimited funds, so please don't ask me to buy twenty books and ship them to you. I will happily buy a few books and trade for nothing, but anything more than that, I'd like to propose a two-way trade. And believe me, I'll read just about anything. Old cooking magazines, Reader's Digest, Captain Underpants, anything.
Almost forgot the most important part of this post: I think I will be making my trip next week, either Tuesday or Thursday. Because I'm super excited to go, it could end up being on Tuesday.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You rock my world! I'm totally stealing your idea and posting what I have, don't have, doubles, etc. I'm going to take note of what you don't have and keep an eye out the next time I go to Goodwill.
HAve you ever heard of paperbackswap.com? It's basically what you're doing, but on a larger scale. People list the books they have to offer, and for every book they give away, are able to get two for free from other listers. Each sender is responsible for shipping costs only. Pretty sweet. As soon as I get my books out of storage (i.e. when our condo sells...i.e. never) I might join in.....or I might just send them all to you.
:)
I have looked into a few of those swapping sites, but they seem like kind of a hassle to me. (But I'm kinda lazy.) One I looked at made their members accumulate points before they could trade, and I was like, WTF? I'm just gonna cut out the middle man. I'm probably missing out on tons of great books, but oh well. I really don't have all that many to get rid of to begin with.
Nikki, that would be awesome if you sent me your books! I'll send you my address! :p
Just wondering what R.L. Stine books you have sitting around? My collection has dwindled down to just a few and I'd love to know what books you have that you don't want!
Captain Underpants? Now that sounds interesting.
Post a Comment