Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving, a little early

I'm going to take this week off so I can deal with Thanksgiving preparations. Usually we go somewhere, but this year, I somehow roped myself into making the feast. At my house. Which means, I cleaned all weekend, and I'm still not done. (I took too many smoke breaks and have-to-check-my-email breaks.) But my mom is coming on Wednesday to help me get things going. (Yay, Mom!)

I've never ever had to cook Thanksgiving before. We're having 12 people here for dinner, including the five of us: my mother-in-law, my mom, younger sister and her daughter, and my older sister, her boyfriend, and her daughter. I'm really glad we're not going to my in-laws', they're kinda high-falutin'. They drink fancy wine-the kind that has "bouquets" and "undertones", and talk about politics, and where they went last time they were in Europe. The years I dress up for dinner, they're in jeans. Next year I wear jeans, they're in black tie. They're very nice people, but sometimes I feel like I don't fit in very well.

My family, on the other hand, we drink cheap wine (Arbor Mist FTW!), we wear sweatpants to the table, and we watch the game afterwards. My older sister is talking about making sangria instead of having wine, and I was all over it. Yum yum yum.

So, I'll be back next Monday with Mary Anne and the Great Romance.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Amee said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Have a great week! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Good luck on fixing that dinner -I wouldn't know where to begin!