Sunday, October 26, 2008

Yay for Goodwill! Part Two

Hit two more Goodwills yesterday, and got lots of great stuff! The first one I stopped at usually has nothing, and I mean nothing [I almost didn't go, changed my mind at the last minute.]. I was pleasantly surprised when I found Boy-Crazy Stacey and Claudia and the Terrible Truth. Unfortunately, I already have Stacey Sluts Out at the Jersey Shore, so I went with Claudia Baby-sits For Abused Kids.

The other Goodwill I went to has been really great to me this summer. I got 9 BSCs and a Sweet Valley High Super Edition. The BSCs are:

#36 Jessi's Baby-sitter --Chronologically, this one comes pretty soon after Super Special #4, Claud and Dawn Get Shipwrecked. Jessi's ticked because "Aunt Dictator" moves in.

#38 Kristy's Mystery Admirer --Kristy gets love letters but they're not from who she expects.

#40 Claudia and the Middle School Mystery --Claud gets an A on a math test and her teacher accuses her of cheating.

#42 Jessi and the Dance School Phantom --I don't recall reading this back in the day, but I assume I must have, because I remember others after this one.

#48 Jessi's Wish --A Very Special Episode! I probably won't read this.

Mystery #4 Kristy and the Missing Child --Again, I'm not sure if I read this one. Obvs, this one is about a missing kid.

Mystery #7 Dawn and the Disappearing Dogs --I vaguely remember this one. Dogs start disappearing, including Shannon The Bernese Mountain Dog Puppy, and the BSC cracks the case.

The Ann M Martin biography, which Nikki just covered last week. Never read it, heard mixed reviews, found it, decided it could be worth fifty cents.

The Baby-sitters Club Guide to Baby-sitting. Letters to Ann asking advice, tips, tricks, and even a "record book" in the back. Again, fifty cents is pretty cheap.

Lastly, SVH Super Edition Malibu Summer. I'm kinda excited to read this. I really like Super Editions, Super Specials, Magna editions, Super Thrillers, stuff like that. Anything to get away from the banality of the regular series is alright with me!

Speaking of Sweet Valley High: I was chatting with The "S" Word at SVH Bitchin' and I mentioned that a while back I wrote some terrible/awesome (terribly awesome? more like awesomely terrible) fanfic about what would've happened if Margo had succeeded in killing Elizabeth Wakefield. She told me to post it somewhere, and I can't believe that I didn't think about this before, but duh! I have a blog! I could post it here! If you guys are up for reading it, I'll post it. Funnily enough, I've never written any other fanfic, including any of the BSC.

4 comments:

nikki said...

Sweet....thanks for the link. I only have one book left from my recent used bookstore raid (Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume) and one from my recent library raid (Followign the Mystery Man, by Mary Downing Hahn). I really should check out my Goodwill and Salvation Army though! I bet it's cheaper than the used bookstore!

Jessi's Wish made me cry!

Kait W. said...

I wish my local thrift stores had more BSC books! I'm not a fan of most of the Jessi ones here. Kristy's Mystery Admirer is kinda funny because Kristy gets all self-important, and Claudia and the Middle School Mystery is one of my favorites. I think it was because of the outfits, and because Janine helped Claudia to ace the test.

BananaBomb said...

Damn! Just realized I already have Claudia and the Middle School Mystery, despite taking my "Books I Already Have" list. Well, that's another for the Books to Share category.

I really wish there were more used bookstores around here. All I've got are thrift stores and the occasional garage sale. My last trip to the Salvy was totally fruitful--I got the Chain Letter and Secret Santa books.

I'm not a fan of Jessi period, but if I'm going to rebuild my BSC collection, there'd be lots of holes if I didn't have her books. There was very few of hers that I liked, and I'll be a monkey's uncle if I can remember which ones they were.

Anonymous said...

Dude, Goodwill is where it's at! Without it I wouldn't have half of my BSC/Little Sister books.