
[Image stolen from Photobucket. I'd post my own but all it would look like is a cake pan full of cool whip.]
Tomorrow's my birthday, and as a special treat, I'm going to post the recipe of my birthday cake, which is currently
Death By Sex Cake:
1 boxed chocolate cake mix, any flavor [I've used plain chocolate, German chocolate, and this time I'm trying Devil's Food]
Ingredients needed for cake mix (water, oil, and eggs)
12 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 4-serving package of instant chocolate pudding, along with the milk needed to make pudding
12 oz tub of Cool Whip, thawed
Heath or Skor candy bar, crushed or coarsely chopped (optional)
1. Make cake as directed, using a 9 x 13 pan.
2. Immediately after done baking, poke holes all over the cake with a wooden spoon handle. Pour on can of sweetened condensed milk. [It'll seem like too much milk, but the cake soaks it up.]
3. Let cool completely. Make the chocolate pudding and pour it over the cake. [Again, it'll seem like too much pudding. It's not necessary to use all of it if you want to spare some calories.]
4. Refrigerate till the pudding is set. Before serving, spread on the cool whip as thick as you like. Add candy bar pieces if you want even more calories. [I always buy the candy bar with the intention of using it on the cake. Then usually while the cake is cooling I decide to just eat the candy bar instead.] This cake is usually better with a night's worth of refrigeration under its belt before eating, but it's not necessary.
5. Keep cake covered and refrigerated!
And this cake better be damn good too, I burned my finger on the oven rack.

4 comments:
Sounds really good. I might have to try that sometime.
Happy birthday! :)
YUM.
*~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ~*
Sounds similar to a treat we used to make, called cavity casserole.
Happy Birthday!
Thanks for the well wishes, you guys! I'll be back this afternoon with a Stacey post--I'm off to renew my driver's license. :p
Post a Comment