Saturday, October 18, 2008

My public library continues to surprise me

I went to the library yesterday to finally get Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich, and the librarian says, "Where've you been lately?"

I said (somewhat sheepishly), "Been reading a lot of old YA books. Ummm, mainly, Baby-Sitters Club, some others."

She said, "Oh, like these graphic novels?" [Italics mine.] The ones I totally wouldn't have seen if she hadn't pointed them out to me.

Trying not to squeal, I said, "I looked all over for these and couldn't find them. I'd like to check them out please." (They are awesome! Post about them this week!)

Flash forward to this morning. I had a feeling I should go to the thrift store. I found two pristine Lois Duncans (Daughters of Eve and They Never Came Home--I've read neither), and about twenty Little Sisters. Being I hate Karen, I only picked one, Karen's Stepmother. I'm about thirty or so pages in, and I hated it from the first sentence. I will explain more when I do a post about it. I was planning to do a Jessi post (I've actually started to write it), but I'm gonna hold off on it to do the graphic novels and the LS first.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished Fearless Fourteen. Fairly funny, but not nearly enough Grandma Mazur.

BananaBomb said...

I agree completely. Not enough Ranger either.