We're finally home. Like, 90% of our trip was a bust. Both my husband and I got sick, and after we got home, the kid got sick. Imagine going through three airports and two flights constantly running to find a toilet. On the last flight, my husband got up to use the "head" and the flight attendant told him to sit down and fasten his seat belt. When he politely refused, she said, "Well, I can only tell you that it's unsafe to move about the cabin." He replied, "Well, it's unsafe for me to stay seated and have explosive diarrhea right here." She let him go.
I did manage to hit a couple Goodwills, an oddball thrift store, and a store called Half-Price Books. At the first Goodwill, I scored a half-dozen BSCs and a Christopher Pike I've been looking for for like 3 years. Bombed at the Half-Price Books, all they had was Jessi's Baby-Sitter and some Little Sisters, neither of which I wanted. I got Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret at the thrift store, and at the last Goodwill (which was on the drive home, and the last time I was there, they didn't have any), I bought 18 books: SVH 1-5, and the rest were BSC! (And I left just as many on the shelf as what I bought. I shoulda bought 'em all.) One was even a Claudia Mystery! Got a few I haven't read at all, and a few I haven't read in a long time.
I also got Mexican Jumping Beans, and a magnet in the shape of Texas with a scorpion embedded in it. (Yeah, we went to Austin, Texas for our "vacation." It sucked, for more reasons than I can list.) When we're in Texas, I try to go to Love's truck stops. They have the best souvenirs! But this time, I went to a Flyin' J's, and I wasn't impressed. Their souvenir selection wasn't up to snuff at all. They didn't have anything tacky or cheesy, and that's what makes souvenirs so great!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment