I've been going a little crazy on ebay lately. I aggressively outbid someone for a lot of four BSCs numbered in the 80's, and I've been sitting on some buy-it-now BSC Videos for a week or two. My plan is to get all the videos and then burn them to a DVD before our DVD recorder goes toes up. I've got four of the thirteen.
I also got a couple (well, one so far) Friends Forever, Welcome Home Mary Anne, and Stacey's Problem and Claudia's Disater Date are on my watchlist. After those two, my Friends Forever collection will be complete. Not bad, considering I only found out about those a short time before I started this blog.
I won a lot of two, 110 and 114, and in the auction the seller noted that she had more and to ask if she had any the buyer wanted. [I don't think that sentence is grammatically correct. Oh well.] I did, and she did, so I also got 113 from her. Yay!
I apologize for my tardiness on getting the Stacey vs the BSC post up. I've been kind of a slacker the last week.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Oooh congratulations! That's a great haul!
Nice work! I'm getting The Face on the Milk Carton from paperbackswap!
Nice work! I'm getting The Face on the Milk Carton from paperbackswap!
If you're down to the last few books you need to complete the collection, abebooks.com (Canadian) and thriftbooks.com (USA) have great prices. Abebooks searches other sites to (usually) find the best price. Thriftbooks sells most books for a penny or two plus 2.95 shipping for the first with discounted shipping for additional items in the order.
I used them to get about 15 that I was missing. I was missing them in weird places, so eBay lots didn't work well for the last few. There might be two books in the lot of ten that I needed, stuff like that.
Thanks, Susan! I've been on those sites before, but it's been a while. Maybe I'll go back and check them out again.
Nikki, what's the sequel to Face on the Milk Carton? I remember it being just as good as FotMC.
I also tend to be very agressive on eBay, no punk's gonna outbid me on cheap health and beauty products!
nikki, I used to read the shit out of that book. Wasn't there a sequal?
There are three sequels to A Face on the Milk Carton -Whatever Happened to Janie, The Voice on the Radio, and What Janie Found.
Finding anything over 100 in BSC books is so hard. I'm missing only two below that, but most above it. I'm really reluctant though to spend like $3 on one book when that was basically the cover price for it years ago. Does that seller have anymore over #100 books?
Taren, I don't know what else she had. I sent her a general message saying I was missing some in the 80s and 90s but mostly over 100. She emailed back saying she had #113. She didn't say if she had any others. I'm guessing that she either didn't have what I was looking for, or did have them but didn't want to sell them. Which would be odd, considering that's what the auction was for.
Post a Comment