Monday, March 30, 2009

Let's get caught up, eh?

1. I got some lovely lovely awards from Sadako at Dibbly Fresh and Nikki from Are You There, Youth? It's Me, Nikki. I will give you both proper credit tomorrow. You guys rock!

2. I'm now on Paperbackswap.com and all the books on my Books to Share list are now listed on my PBS account. That doesn't mean that I'm taking my BtS list down, it just means that I'm kind of sick of them sitting around. But, if you are on PBS, my SN there is bananabomb, natch. Come buddy me. If you aren't on PBS but want one of my books, I can take it off the list there and still share it.

3. I'm going to do Part 2 of the Valley of the Dolls comparison tomorrow, because I got the DVD from Netflix and I've had it since Feb 13. My husband is threatening to send it back (so he can get his stupid movie) but I keep telling him I have to watch it again so I can finish the post. I was going to watch the movie and do the post yesterday but I was wicked hungover and was visiting my dad anyway.

4. I think I'm going to change the titles of my BSC posts from book quotes to....new book titles! Sometimes while I'm reading the books, I give them more accurate titles, like instead of Super Special #4 being Baby-sitters' Island Adventure, I've called it (a few times) Claud and Dawn Get Shipwrecked. Or instead of Claudia and the Terrible Truth it's Claudia Baby-sits for Abused Kids. Sometimes it's hard to find a quote in the book that sums it up for me in just a sentence. Sometimes it's easy.

That's it for my updates, so stay tuned for Book to Movie Comparison: Valley of the Dolls, Part 2.

9 comments:

Jen said...

They should do the Sweet Valley titles your way ^_^

Sadako said...

I usually call Stacey and the Missing Ring "Stacey is an Entitled Bitch." But...that's EVERY Stacey book.

Glad you're updating again--love seeing new posts on your blog!

nikki said...

Yay for PBS!

HelenB said...

That's an excellent idea - especially since half the time I can't match the title to a plot!

Fear Street said...

Your titles are much more accurate...and a hell of a lot funnier.

BananaBomb said...

A big reason I'm changing my post titles is because Kristen at BSC Revisited uses a quote from the book too. I've noticed that more than once we've used quotes that are very similar. Which isn't bad, but I don't want to copy her and I'm sure she feels the same. (We both used the same quote for #10, and only a few weeks apart.)

When I started out doing this blog, I did absolutely no research for other BSC blogs, and as far as I can tell, I'm not infringing on anyone else. But if there is another BSC blog like mine, but older, someone please point me in that direction so I can go intimidate them...I mean, change things around.

Sadako said...

I think the quote thing originated from BSC Headquarters, at claudiasroom.blogspot.com but that blog is over now. I mean, that blogger stopped...blogging.

BananaBomb said...

It did, but Tiff just used a generally funny quote from the book, nothing that summed it up in one sentence. That is what inspired me to use a quote, but I didn't like how random hers were.

Sadako said...

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, now that I think about it, yours and Kristen's are a bit more descriptive than hers were.