Friday, March 26, 2010

Holy moly, have I really been gone THIS long??

I hang my head in shame.

I could go into a long, convoluted BSC plot story giving you myriad reasons for not posting. But I won't. Or maybe I will.

I was planning to take a summer hiatus, knowing it would be hard to get back to the swing of things in the fall, and I absolutely didn't mean to abandon my blog and anyone who still took the time to read it. I just didn't get around to posting that I wouldn't be posting.

I was enjoying the summer (except that it was a kinda on the cool side for summer), when my mother-in-law died at the end of July. So from July to December, my husband and I were dealing with the wonders of her estate, cleaning out and selling her house, and all the fun stuff that goes along with that. There for a while, I hardly had time to do the dishes, let alone read books and then blog about them. But that's all settled now.

We had a very very yucky winter here, and I should have made time for blogging, but I didn't. I picked up quilting from my mother-in-law last spring when I found out one of my nieces was pregnant, and so I did a lot of quilting over the winter so I could still feel close to her. She died before she could really teach me anything, but every time I sit down at the sewing machine I inherited from her, I think about her, and hope she's helping me get my stitches right and my seams straight.

Ok, sorry, starting to ramble. I logged into the blog this afternoon because I just happened to stop at the public library here, and they are having a book sale! I scored some BSCs, and I knew my book list here was so outdated I had to change it. Then I thought I'd better do some 'splainin'.

I still have a PaperbackSwap account, so come find me there. My handle is bananabomb. I still have my double BSCs listed there, and as always, if you're not on PBS, you can just email me if I have a book you want.

As for blogging, I still don't know when/if I'll do a new post.

Edited to change my PBS name, which is just bananabomb. I got it confused with my ebay name, which is bananabomb3231.

5 comments:

That Kind of Girl said...

Awwww, the image of your mother-in-law being with you as you sit at her old sewing machine is so powerful and beautiful. My thoughts are with you! And if/when you do start blogging again, I for one will still be here reading!

Sadako said...

Welcome back! Glad you didn't forget about us all!

nikki said...

How about the book? I've been waiting to get past page seventy five or wherever you left me off!

Also, do you have any California Diaries #'s 9-15?

Jen said...

Welcome back! It sounds like you've had a hard couple of months.

Look forward to more blog posts.

BananaBomb said...

@That Kind of Girl: Thank you, my mother-in-law and I were close, and I miss her every day.

@Sadako: I certainly didn't forget about everyone, but I figure that all of you thought I'd fallen off a cliff or something! I'm facebook friends with a few of the other bloggers, so they knew I was still kicking.

@Nikki: The book is sucking, and I finally got the publishing people off my back. I plan on rewriting the beginning, but just not sure at what point to start. Marcy and Dean's last vacation, where they fight like cats and dogs? The beginning the school year when Marcy tries to ignore Luke flirting with her? Help me out here. RE the CA Diaries, I have 11, 12, 13, and 15. I'm not looking for the stragglers very hard, if that's what you're asking.

@Jen: Thanks! It was a terrible six months, and I'm so glad it's a new year and that spring has finally sprung.