I have slept on it, for quite long enough. The light bulb came on and, in a moment of glory, I realized that my blog should be about The Baby-Sitters Club (of course). And as the description says, I will be blogging about the continuity errors, WTF moments, and in general, just far-fetched plot points that leave me scratching my head in confusion.
I read the BSC, Sweet Valley High, Judy Blume, Lois Duncan, Christopher Pike and V.C. Andrews while in my teens. Most of the time, I blazed through each book so quickly I didn't notice all the little things that now bother me as I reread them. Now, as an adult, I pick up on the rediculosity (if Kimora can make up words, I can too!) of the things my young teenage brain didn't.
I kept most of my Christopher Pike collection (yay!), but for some reason, got rid of my BSC books. I think that it was because I had most of them up to about #70 or so, and by the time I moved out of the nest, there was just too many to take with me. I had the postcard book and the chain letter book, nine or ten of the Super Specials, and the calendar from, what, 1992? A few years after I moved out, my dad cleared out my old room and everything that I hadn't taken went to the thrift store. I want to go back to that thrift store to track down my books, but after like, 8 years, that stuff is long gone. At any rate, I am slowly rebuilding my BSC collection. The majority of my blog will be about the Baby-Sitters Club, but from time to time, I might throw in something else.
Also, as soon as I figure out the technical details, I'll put up a blogroll or whatever it's called. (I am not tech-savvy.)
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment